February 07, 2005

Training and More

So...This 1/2 marathon thing is interesting. I realize I like myself a lot better on the days I walk rather than the other days.

This weekend was the Girl3 Snowball retreat, that we've been planning since last December. God is amazing! The Mercy Ministry team got to actually meet the girls in the Mercy home, so that's GREAT! The Hispanic Ministry team got to meet Renee' who runs the Hispanic Ministry. The Widows are going to be SO excited about their V-day cards, the hallway looks INCREDIBLE and SafeHaven is neater/cleaner than before! I LOVE giving opportunity for girls to put their faith in action.

I hope they realized how God used them, how He uses seemingly "normal" situations to advance His kingdom...

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news..." (Psalms or Proverbs, I'll have to look that one up)

On a bitter-sweet note, I found out I have socliosis. It's a curvature of the spine...my is curved 24% to the left and the verbrate (sp) are rotating to the right....And it won't ever be healed. It can get better...But not perfect...Ever. I'll have to maintain it for life...yada yada. I have a 6 month schedule the doctor would like to set up, to include adjustments, therapy and rehab...however it's A LOT of $$ and my insurance won't cover it. Although my insurance won't cover it...GOD WILL!! WOOT! He's already provided someone to pay for it....and I think I'll start treatments next week.

*sings* Praise God from whom all blessings flow, Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye Heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Amen!

I welcome you to join me in celebrating the GREATNESS of our God. It's not for us..but to HIS name be the glory!! (Again..I know this is Pslam, but I'm not sure where...)

No comments: