October 23, 2006

Where am I?

you've got to get yourself together you got
stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it
don't say that later would be better
now you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it
It was 2001-ish when this song came out. It was mine and Josiah's song. I didn't talk to Josiah often, just when he came into the deli where I worked. We knew each other from college, but he was a soccer boy and I...wasn't. He came in one day, I asked how he was doing. He said he was stuck in a moment...and it then became our song. Instead of asking how we were doing, we'd ask "how's your moment." Other customers would look at us weird, but in that place we saw glimpse's of realness in each other.
I have thought of this conversation a lot over the years and I am here again..stuck in this moment. Unfortunately I feel it's the same moment from 2001. I may understand different angles of this moment, or handle the emotions of this moment with a little more grace than before, but this is a very familiar place.
I'm not sure if it's good or bad...but it is. It'll pass...but I'm not sure how to get myself unstuck...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pray

Anonymous said...

How's your moment... What a cool phrase is that? Wow.
I feel like I get stuck in long "moments" as well. I wonder if this gets more umm...organized as we get older. And less like several years that mesh together and feel like a moment without end...
When we were kids and when we were in school (hs/college), we didn't have really long moments, did we? Was always changing...
Maybe I'm on a different wavelength, but this is what went through my head. :-p