July 18, 2007

On my way to work...

It's a typical Wednesday (that feels like Friday) morning for me. I'm driving a different route into work because I spent the night at my friend's house while our air conditioning was out. I had had one sleepless night and was not thrilled about the prospect of another.

I was cutting through parking lots trying to avoid the madding traffic that occurs, and the car behind me starts honking the horn and flaling his arms. I pull over thinking "CRAP! what is wrong with my car now? I am leaving for MI tomorrow!" and he comes to my window and excitedly asks "Are you from South Africa??" I smile in relief that nothing is wrong and tell him, no...I just visited for about a month. We had a nice chat about South Africa and went on our way.

It was a very random way to start my morning and it was fun.

5 comments:

jillymae said...

nice!

Anonymous said...

Did you have a sticker on your car or something?

Funny!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. That comment was from me, AMH

jcubsdad said...

I believe in Afrricaneese it is something like:

Sowthe Afreeka. I need to get on Ashleys blog again.

I am also curious how they knew you had been to SA.

Heather said...

sorry...I have a South Africa flag sticker on my bumper...that's how he knew. :)