January 02, 2008

Welcome 2008

I am very proud of myself. I wrote "08" on all of things I dated today. That's fairly impressive for me. I found myself writing 06 in September of 07, so I'll probably relapse sometime.

Christmas was good, I enjoyed being with my family. I saw some cousins I hadn't seen in eight years. It's sad that that happens. I got picked on, I got "beat", I got hugged and stepped on. I didn't realize until this year how much my cousins and I show each other love through violence. :) It is true, the harder Cousin Chris slugs me, the more he misses me. I played with my 3-year-old, first cousin-once removed. I cleaned mom's house, made salads, cut carrots (and myself). I saw my three best friends from high school and it felt like a day hadn't passed, let alone 11 years. I danced in the snow on top of a hill to ring in 2008 and talked with people I hadn't really seen since college.

In December I realized how much of a daydreamer I am...how much I dream.
hope.
wish.

I acknowledged that I have walked in hope rather than in faith and in 2008 will pray for the ability to understand the difference. I hope to ask more "heart" questions and not be so selfish with my own. I want to dance as often as possible. Dance when I'm laughing and when I am crying.
Dance for joy and to heal from the hurts.
Dance when know one is watching and when they are.

I hope to invest...inspire...instruct...better.
And in the midst of all of this, in some way, shape or form...give all the glory to the Author and Perfector of my faith...

....it's going to be...2008. Welcome to it.

2 comments:

jillymae said...

=)

April said...

Girl! Love your aspirations for 2008. I'm excited for you.