August 20, 2008

Jealous

I had a conversation with my neighbor William* today. I am jealous.

I am jealous of a woman I have never met. As God leads me to pray for him, I have been praying for his wife. In our conversation today I had the opportunity to tell him how I have been praying. He then began to tell me about how God is moving and although he knows he hasn't met her yet; that God is definitely shaping his future for her. I am jealous because there is no doubt in my mind that whatever God tells William to do, he will do. Not only that, but he's actually taking the time to listen to what God has for him.

I am not jealous because I will not be his wife, but because of the leader she will be receiving. I pray she is able to step back and let him lead. As a women I can testify that this will be extremely difficult for her....actually, nevermind. If she is the type of woman he is looking for--her trust in Christ will spill over into her husband. It may not be extremely difficult for her...just plain difficult instead.

By the way...have I mentioned that I'm jealous?


*name has been changed to protect the innocent :)

No comments: