February 21, 2006

Word Vomit

I just arrived home from the Chris Tomlin Indescribable concert tour. Chris was joined by Matt Redman and Louie Giglio. I have A LOT of different thoughts floating through my head. This is your warning that this post may not make very much sense.

First, I lost my voice. It's the first event I've ever been too where my voice is gone. No sporting event, college sporting event, concert, yelling at my brother growing up....nothing has made me lose my voice until tonight. I think it perfectly fitting for the King of Glory to receive so much noise from my mouth that it can say no more...literally.

Second, Matt lead a song but I can't remember the title...I just remember the one line that goes "you hold me together in the calm and in the storm..." Something like that. (so much for my memory) But I thought the "calm " part was interesting. Honestly, it's a lot easier for me to know that God has me in the storm...I forget He has me when it's calm, also. Maybe the "footprints" poem has lead me astray all these years. Maybe I don't get set back down when the going gets easy...He holds me through everything.

Third, Louie did the "Indescribable" talk. If you were at Passion '06 you heard this one. I wasn't there, so it was new to me. God is big. I am not. I cannot fathom why He would consider asking us to be apart of his much bigger picture, or why he thought to put the stamp of his likeness on us humans in the first place, but I can no longer "stand in awe" as I used to. Awe has become bigger. And I do not desire for the Creator to win "first place" in my heart over the "created" by only a little. I desire for him to be my heart...

Abba...thank you is in adequate if my life does not reflect a change. I have met with you this evening. I have walked away different. I worshipped and I will never be the same again.

3 comments:

kaleidoscope said...

i had many of the same thoughts when i returned from the Indescribable tour... God is amazing... but it's so easy for the routine act of living to numb us to that fact.

Heather said...

Voice is better...
I recognize the "mountain top" of last night...
And Robin...great to hear from you! I will see you...sometime. :) Thanks for stoppin' by!

Anonymous said...

i should know the matt song. sing it to me this weekend and i'll be able to figure it out.
tina :P