December 12, 2006

It's here...AGAIN!

I think I feel like this everytime God is about to change something in my life. I feel like I'm not really good at any thing, I still don't know what to do with my life (which, I know...isn't uncommon...but for the love! It's an annoying stage!) I want a job where I get paid to hang out with people...and that's all I have to do. Sit and talk and drink coffee if I feel like it.

I've shared the struggle with a few people and their advice/insight is always appreciated. I'm thankful they have faith for me. It's a "borrow mine" situation. I have nothing left of my own. I am thankful for the friends who are holding my arms up...I am weary of this struggle. I am weary of the same question. I am weary of waiting.

Take my hand and walk with me a while
Cause it seems your smile has failed you
And don't give in, when you fall apart
And your broken heart has failed you
I'll set a light up On a hilltop
To show you my love For this world to see
You can borrow mine when your hope is gone
Borrow mine when you can't go on
Cause the world will not defeat you
When we're side by side
When your faith is hard to find
You can borrow mine
Take my love when all that you can see
Is the raging sea all around us
And don't give up 'cause I'm not letting go
And the God we know will not fail us
We'll lay it all down as we call out Sweet Savior help our unbelief
You can borrow mine when your hope is gone
Borrow mine when you can't go on
Cause the world will not defeat you
When we're side by side
When your faith is hard to find
You can borrow mine
When you are weak
Unable to speak You are not alone
The God who has saved us
Will never forsake us
He's coming to take us take us to our home
You can borrow mine when your hope is gone
Borrow mine when you can't go on
Cause the world will not defeat you
When we're side by side
When your faith is hard to find
You can borrow mine
~Bebo Norman~

3 comments:

jcubsdad said...

I may have given this help before, but this is something you need.

Pick up a book called In the Meantime by Rob Brendle. It is a GREAT book about seeing our lives as a process and how we work towards greatness. It follows the life of David, and the life of Rob, and has some GREAT insight on these times in life.

Life is waiting, Go get it.

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Heather. Unfortunately, I cannot identify since I look at my job as a means to an end--I make money by day to live a meaningful life at night and on the weekends...

Would that outlook work for you?

However, you should be appreciated at your day job, which is my wish for you.

AMH

Anonymous said...

I know that "God is doing something" feeling too.

Recently I'm recognizing that there's also this "kid-Tim" feeling I get when I am trying to fight what He's doing. I hate that I get that feeling, but I guess I'm at least realizing it.

And then I quit throwing a tantrum, and God starts working again. I think it kinda feels like you're on one of those moving sidewalks like @ a big airport - like you're doing the same walking thing you've always done, but at times everything is moving @ a different speed than you expect it to.