January 25, 2007

28

I am 28.
I do not feel 28.
I have many people tell me 28 is a good year. Good stuff happens as a 28 year old.
Really? I mean, nothing exceptionally bad has happened as a 28 year old but I can't say that anything great has stood out in the last few months of actually being 28.
But..as I review 28, it's been alright.

I spent Birthday weekend with Mom and the aunts and Tiffany.
I've been to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and hung out with Laura.
I had a great road trip home for Christmas.
I was able to spend a week with my family at Christmas.
I ate at "Taste Bud's Restaurant"
I've been apart of many meaningful coffee conversations.
There's the whole Awaken thing that's been fabulous.
High schoolers still make me laugh and smile and teach me more about myself.

Maybe it's just the small things that I need to stop taking for granted and count as blessings.

Honestly I am still looking for something more grandiose than the little things...still waiting for God to do something more...be bigger than He already is. Maybe it's a wrong expectation? or maybe its too small of one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

it's a little word, but it has lots of meaning!

Love, Amber ; )