January 07, 2010

Mess-imony...

Last week I was listening to a video testimony of a woman from my church. She made this statement "I knew I had a soul, I didn't know if I had a heart". She had been through a lot of hurt in life and lost sight of her heart. That's a very haunting statement to me. "I didn't know if I had a heart."

She goes on to speak of how Christ found the pieces of her heart and brought them back together. I believe her to know Christ as Healer in a way I may never know. I have known sorrow and the pain from that sorrow reminded me that I had a heart--that I was still feeling...something.

I imagine her to relationship with Christ to be much richer for knowing that He can, and longs to, put the pieces back together. That He isn't a God who is around when you lose your heart, but He is the God who carries you through the nasty to show you He's had your heart, complete and whole, all along. You thought pieces fell away. He's always had them.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever." ~Psalm 73:26

No comments: