July 14, 2010

It Should Be Over

Have you ever gotten to that point where you think the season should be over? When I lived in Michigan it was always mid-March when I thought winter should be over. I was done. There had been enough snow and gray skies, it was time for spring. It was time for new. Here in Tennessee I get this way early September, when I'm tired of the heat and humidity and long for sweater and flops temperatures.

Currently I can honestly say that I'm ready for this season of unemployment to be over. I'm tired of resting. (ironic, maybe?) I'm ready to work. I'm ready for God to say "go here. do this". The temptation to believe that this season will be like the winters of Narnia when the White Witch ruled, is very present.

In the same breath, I know I will long for these days. When my life is whirlwind crazy and I'm back to spreading myself too thin I will ask God for another year to rest. I understand this last year is a rare gift that He does not offer to everyone. I know I'm not the same person I was last July. And I'm grateful for it. I found me again.

Paul tells the Philippians that he " has learned the secret to being content, whether living in plenty or in want, being well fed or hungry." What's the secret? "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

So once again I have the joy of knowing its not in my own strength that I wait for this season to be over.
It will not be in my own strength that I will survive the whirlwind crazy life again.
It is because I wait on the Lord that my strength is renewed. I will soar on wings like eagles. I will run and not grow weary...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love that you shared your heart with your readers. Last year I came to the end of a resting season as well...I had some of the same thoughts you are expressing. Be ready for God to move greatly!